5.05.2010

Wedding Thoughts

Since I am still on the subject of weddings lately, I thought I'd round up some photos that have been in my inspiration folder for wedding ideas. It's not like I don't think about wedding stuff all the time as it is and just today a long lost friend invited me to her wedding. The one I was in this last Sunday was basically a perfect outdoor wedding. But, here are some of my other favorite ideas:

Outdoors. Love the bird cages!


A dress with lots of detailing done with beading and lace, all with a full skirt.


Mix matched place settings.


Photos with an old quality to them.


Old-fashioned flowers, such as peonies.

Hanging lanterns.

Unique "photo booths" for guests.

Sparklers.



And this picture...well, wouldn't you just love to get ready in a room like this?


Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

19 comments:

Gorgeous Glam said...

That last picture is just breathtaking! I love that dress and the colors. Beautiful post dear! xoxo

Marcie said...

I love these pictures! They are enchanting. My favorite is the couple on the old bus. :)

Great post.
Marcie

Anonymous said...

That dress is seriously gorgeous & I love the hanging lanterns! xo

All things nice... said...

Oh what lovely images, I love outdoor wedding, but rain is never far away here in Ireland so no one really has outdoor weddings :(

All things nice...

Sarah said...

love the birdcages and lanterns. its good to see something different at a wedding xx

georgia ~ gi gi said...

I just love your blog! I have two weddings I am shooting in June, I love the frame on the tree branch! I might have to try that out in Iowa, LOL!It sounds like you had a great time at the wedding!

Erica Cook said...

all so pretty! xo

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Another lovely post!

I ADORE that last image, great find.

How sweet is the couple under the lanterns? And, I love that table setting under the tree with the hanging birdcages. Cuuuute!

mariel said...

that mixed match place settings are my favorite! :)

A Casa da Vá said...

That is just TOO beautiful, yeah I always in the mood for wedding inspirations! I love the outdoor setting... and I'd love tog et ready at that room of the last pic!

ps: thank you the support of Kindle my Heart ^_^

Pink Blog Girl said...

That dress with the beading and lace is PERFECT! I want it so bad.

Unknown said...

these are some gorgeous images! I love that second picture. stunning dress!

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love the birdcages, and the lanterns too (of course)!!
Great pics :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for scharing darling, my best friend is getting married so this is perfect:)

Unknown said...

Such great ideas, loving that photo booth!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Stunning images! The first one is my favorite!!!

Have a happy day. xxooxx

Miles Of Style said...

great post and lovely images!! i love those birdcages in the first pic esp!

pssst. dont forget to enter the PINK LADY GIVEAWAY at http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

have a lovely weekend!

Persis.

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

Such lovely, lovely inspiration! I love the hanging lanterns, and the bird cages in the first photo would be adorable for any dinner party! :) Hazel

Amanda said...

Gorgeous images - that first dress is simply stunning!!!! x